At Tough Furniture we take seriously our environmental responsibilities in regard to the impact of all company activities on the environment, which is why:
- All timber and timber based materials used in the manufacture of our furniture are of renewable European origin sourced from verifiable accredited suppliers.
- All wood waste produced is consumed on site by the factory’s integrated carbon-neutral heating / incineration plant.
- Cardboard packaging is re-used until depleted and then recycled.
- Delivery schedules are carefully and routinely planned in order to optimise the transport carbon footprint while serving our customers as effectively as possible.
- Our designs for inbuilt quality and maintenance means a very long product lifecycle which is not only good value for the customer but also minimises impact on the environment.
- We have been accredited to ISO14001.